Seven and a Half Hours of a Day in Poland

I woke up around 3 in the morning to get ready and roll out of my Amsterdam Hostel which was four doors down from Heck. The Hostel was honestly so nice; they prepared a breakfast for me to eat at the airport. When I finally called my Uber, I had to walk across the square and over a bridge to meet the driver. There's just something about being out in the darkness in a city where prostitution is legal that left me uneasy. 

The airport was almost completely empty at 4:30 AM. It was a relief to get on the plane without any events. When I landed in Poland for my layover, I was ready to start and finish writing my research paper. After a few hours, I got hungry and started hunting for food; however, food in Poland couldn't be purchased without a steep price. A burger alone, just a burger, was over 30 dollars. A smoothie was $20 even though it was just a small. I settled for a lame cheese & mozzarella sandwich and a coke zero--the two of which cost over $20. I hate coke in the states but in Europe, it's incredible!


After lots of research, I found that there wasn't a lot of scholarship on the topic I was planning on writing my paper on. I took a mental break and watched some Netflix before starting up again. About four hours before my flight left, I decided to try and find the gate my flight would be leaving at. I didn't realize I would have to go through customs again. At least they stamped my passport! In the end, I spent about seven and a half hours in Poland.

I was really stressed that something would go wrong or that I would end up stranded somewhere in China by some mistake. On the way to Korea, they gave us food which all had meat in it. The movies on the flight weren't good but at least I was able to fall asleep a few times, which is honestly a miracle since my seat wouldn't recline at all!


When I landed in Korea, I had to try to get through passport control twice and customs once. It was an absolute relief to see family after being away from any sort of family for a month and a half even though I was on the other side of the world. 

Comments